Sunday, August 31, 2014

Healthy Chocolate PB "Ice-cream"



It's Labor Day Weekend, and I just cannot believe how fast the summer has flown by. Seriously, it feels like July 4 was just yesterday! To celebrate the last real weekend of summer, I decided to treat myself to a refreshing bowl of "ice cream." 



I'm sure you've seen recipes before for the 2 ingredient "ice-cream," which is simply a frozen banana and peanut butter. I've made that and it's awesome, however today  I wanted to kick it up a notch.

I added some raw cacao powder to make the "icecream" chocolate-y. I also experimented adding Greek yogurt to give it the tang of froyo and make it a little more creamy and luxurious. The Greek yogurt also adds a healthy dose of protein making this the perfect snack to have post work-out!




Bananas are a superfood because they contain potassium which helps lower blood pressure and regulates sodium in the body. Bananas also contain soluble fiber which can reduce the risk of heart disease. Bananas can also help you feel energized with the healthy levels of carbohydrates and sugars they contain.


Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp. all natural creamy peanut butter
1/8 cup 2% Greek  Yogurt
1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
chocolate chips and peanuts for topping- optional

1) Add first 4 ingredients to food processor
2) Blend until creamy
3) Sprinkle toppings of your choosing and enjoy!
*Makes 1 serving

No comments:

Post a Comment