Saturday, November 22, 2014

Chocolate Coconut Avocado Pudding



OMG..avocados can turn into pudding..Whaaaat? Yes, sir, avocados mixed with coconut milk and all natural cacao powder make the purest, healthiest, most luxurious pudding EVER. Don't believe me? Well try it for yourself and you shall see!

This pudding is not only part of the clean eating diet, it is also completely dairy free and free of refined sugars. The best part about this pudding however, is that nobody will ever be able to tell it's made from avocados unless you want them to!



I was inspired to make avocado pudding after seeing it all over Pinterest. I figured I would try it out for myself and see what all the hype was. To make it my own, I used coconut milk instead of regular milk to make it dairy free and give it a "coconuty" taste. I finished it off with toasted coconut flakes on top which add a nice texture and bite to the pudding.



I think for my next go 'round at avocado pudding, I will try making a peanut butter chocolate version. I will share that with ya'll when it's complete!

Avocados, are of course, the superfood in this pudding. If you want to know the health benefits of this amazing superfood check them out in one of my other avocado recipes here!

Ingredients:
1 avocado- cubed
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)

Directions:
1) To toast coconut for the topping- Add coconut to a pan over medium heat. Cook for just a couple of minutes until toasted. *Note- it is VERY easy to burn coconut so make sure you watch it, as it really only takes a few minutes.
2) Add avocado, coconut milk, cacao powder, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla to food processor. Blend for 1-2 minutes until desired consistency is reached.
3) Taste for sweetness. I don't like things overly sweet so you might want to add more honey to your pudding if you like things sweeter.
4) Place pudding in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
5) To serve, put pudding in bowls and top with shredded coconut.
6) Enjoy this guilt-free delish dessert! You can thank me later. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment