Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dark Chocolate Almond Bark with Sea Salt





Happy Sunday everyone! I am not excited about going into work tomorrow, so I decided to make a delicious treat to make the week a little sweeter. I've recently been obsessed with Trader Joe's Chocolate Almond Bark. I discovered it a few weeks ago and it has been my guilty pleasure ever since. There's just something about that salty and sweet thing that makes my taste buds so happy.





I've made chocolate bark before- a peppermint  version for the holidays, so I had a good idea how to recreate the almond version. This is seriously the easiest recipe ever, and it's so freakin delicious. It's also really pretty so you could definitely bring it to a dinner party or gathering and everyone would think you were SO fancy. :)



In my mind, this is the healthiest dessert ever- dark chocolate and almonds- what could be better? Almonds are said to be the healthiest nut you can eat. They are jam packed with protein and fiber which can help lower blood pressure and maintain a healthy blood sugar level. Almonds provide a good source of Vitamin E which is said to reduce the risk of developing heart disease and Alzheimer's. This "supernut" also contains antioxidants which are known to prevent many forms of cancer.




Ingredients:
1 bag of  at least 60% cacao chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)

3/4 cup raw almonds- chopped
1/4 tsp. sea salt

Directions:
1) Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 90 seconds- stirring halfway in between.
3) Pour chocolate in baking dish and top with sea salt and chopped almonds.
4) Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until completely hardened.
5) Break bark apart with hands or cut into pieces with a sharp knife.
*I like to store mine in the refrigerator, but you can store at room temperature as well in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment