Sunday, June 5, 2016

Grain-Free Pancakes with Peanut Butter Drizzle and Berries


Pancakes are my most favorite breakfast on the weekends. I've been trying to limit my carbs lately, however (for bathing suit season), so I haven't been indulging in them. I had read about paleo pancakes before just using a banana and 2 eggs and I must say I was a little bit skeptical. I mean how can you make a pancake with no grains whatsoever, right?!



My husband was traveling the other week, so I decided to experiment with these paleo pancakes, as I didn't think he'd enjoy them. I tweaked them a little bit by adding some baking soda to make them fluffy and a few extra ingredients to give them a little pizzazz. 



I was shocked, as these really turned out to be quite delicious! They obviously don't take like a regular pancake, but they are equally as good! They're more of a crepe consistency, but they actually taste decadent. I made them again yesterday for my husband and he really enjoyed them!



What I love the most was that they were super easy to flip and really didn't break apart in the pan like a traditional pancake. This also made the clean-up super simple.




To make them even more delicious I decided to make a peanut butter drizzle by combing peanut butter and coconut oil and heating it in the microwave to make a creamy sauce. I poured it on top of the pancakes and topped with blueberries and raspberries. Oh my goodness- so yummy.



Bananas and eggs are both superfoods. To find the nutritional benefits of each click here or here at some of my other recipes.

Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla


Ingredients for drizzle:
2 tbsp. natural peanut butter

1/2 tbsp. coconut oil

Optional toppings:
Strawberries
Raspberries
Blueberries
Slivered Almonds 
Peanuts
Chocolate Chips 

Directions:
1) Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2) Heat a pan over medium high heat.
3) Pour mixture into pancake forms and cook about 2 minutes before flipping.
4) Cook another minute on the other side
5) Repeat until all of the batter is used
6) To make topping- combine peanut butter and coconut oil in a microwavable safe bowl.
7) Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until silky and smooth.
8) Pour over pancakes and top with berries
*Recipe makes 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment